Would you like to learn a unique creative art in stunning surroundings?
Would you like to relax at our private beach/swimming pool and get inspired by the amazing views?
Would you like to discover new places?
Do you ever dream of a home by the sea some-place warm?
Then this Creative Holiday has it all…
This is not an ordinary holiday! Not only will you learn a beautiful art. You will also become part of our every day life: joining me to the market to buy fresh locally grown produce (we also have our own vegetable garden at Ocean House) and enjoy delicious food. We will visit local villages and have dinner on the beach. You will experience vibrant Bodrum with its history and learn about the culture and local life style.
And of course there is plenty of sunshine and our lovely private beach at your doorstep with crystal clear water for that much-needed time-out. Relax in the sun and enjoy a drink brought right to your lounge chair! And take in the breathtaking views and sunsets from your own private balcony, listening to the sound of the waves.
I am a Mosaic Artist and my aim is for you to learn/share the unique Art of Mosaics with like-minded people at my beautiful home by the sea on the Bodrum Peninsula in Turkey, where you will stay on a full-board basis. I will be your host & mentor in a very creative and inspiring environment and I will help you create your very own artwork whilst enjoying a great holiday: swim in turquoise blue waters, enjoy great food and get to know the history &
culture of this wonderful place.
Mosaic making is not difficult: all you need is a keen eye for detail and a steady hand. And patience. Creating an image or object consisting of hundreds, sometimes thousands of different pieces and seeing this artwork slowly take shape under your hands is awesome. Actually, you get carried away and the end result is unique to you and extremely rewarding. And of course I am there for you every step of the way!
Weekly Mosaic Course/Workshop from Sunday to Saturday between May and November – flexible
– Small Group of 1-4 adults – Beginners & Advanced
– The course is open to anyone aged 18+
– Over the course of 6 days I will work with you to complete a mosaic design of your choosing from start to finish, showing you mosaic techniques & applications, how to cut and use different materials and combine colours & design. You will then learn how to fix, grout and finish your mosaic to take home with you, Mosaic sizes are usually rectangular 35 x 45 cm or square 40 x 40 cm (so they fit in your hand luggage) and will be framed for you to take home.
– At the end of the course, as a beginner you will have a good knowledge of mosaic making and hopefully continue to create your very own artwork. The more you practice, the better!
– Advanced guests have the opportunity to create their artwork inspired by stunning surroundings. I look forward to exchanging ideas & experiences with you and assisting you throughout your stay.
– Courses take place in the morning. Afternoons are spent at leisure, as a group or individually: visit places, relax at the beach/by the pool, work on your mosaic, chill out…
– All mosaic materials, tools & equipment will be provided