Residential Photo Holiday Courses south west France – Based in SW France, Studio
Lavalette provides 3-5 day tailor-made residential photography holiday
courses – holidays with a focus!
Why not spend a few days really exploring your creativity. With your camera and a qualified pro at your side, you’ll be amazed what you can achieve and that’s 100% guaranteed. Based in the picturesque, medieval town of Villebois-Lavalette, we’ve tons of photo-opportunities right on our doorstep. There are stunning landscapes, fairy tale chateaux, rolling vineyards, lakes and rivers that wind through wonderful old villages – it’s all waiting for you!
We offer four types of photo courses and workshops:
- Photo HERO Course – this is for photo-enthusiasts, whatever your choice of camera or ability, we’ll make you a photo hero, in 4 days or less!
- Photo HERO PLUS Course – is for people who’d like an extra day over the Photo HERO Course and push the boundaries to get even more from your camera and software.
- Photo MAESTRO Course – is designed for people who want to tame the image editors, such a Lightroom, Elements and Photoshop and get them to do what you want.
- Photo EXPO Workshops – these run over a long weekend workshop and cover: studio lighting; portrait photography; fine art nude; printing and presenting your work; black and white image processing; creative image-editing and lots more…
"I had the most amazing time at Studio Lavalette. The ambiance, the food, the accommodation and the photography tuition was tailored to each participants needs. I'm a bit of a nightmare being veggie and dairy free, but none of this fazed Trisha - she produced wonderful dishes at each meal. [And] I don't see how the accommodation could be improved. I highly recommend the [Photo HERO] course and will be singing its praises to our photography club."
Rosemary H (Vice Chair Dungannon Camera Club) - August 2013
"If you are looking for structured, creative tuition, delivered in a relaxed and supportive environment; mouth-watering meals and very comfortable accommodation; plus, a seemingly infinite variety of photogenic locations nearby - then, look no further. Studio Lavalette has it all!"
Anna L - August 2013
For more testimonials please visit this page on our website: http://www.studiolavalette.com/testimonials
Studio Lavalette is set in the grounds of the Maison du Couvent, probably the oldest house in Villebois-Lavalette. The Studio itself, which was previously an old house, has been completely renovated and re-engineered to suit the needs of 21st century image takers and makers....err that's you!
The Studio on the ground floor comprises:
• a portrait studio, complete with Bowens lights; diffusers, beauty dishes and reflectors; an infinity curve; a selection of backdrops; and a variety of props;
• 4 state-of-the-art computers, (with buckets of RAM), each running Photoshop CC, Photoshop Elements 11.0, Lightroom 5.0 and other imaging-related software and plug-ins, such as the Nik Collection;
• each workstation is equipped with an A4 Wacom Intuos tablet and pen; • a wide-format Epson 4000 printer with a selection of fine art inkjet papers;
• a growing collection of books and magazines about photography and photographers; and
• a selection of digital and film cameras - yes we even have film!
Elsewhere Studio Lavalette offers:
• dining and lounge area; • large, covered, south-facing veranda; • first-floor views of the Villebois valley;
• 2 twin-bedded room and one double-bedded, all en-suite;
• free Wi-fi throughout;
• a 5m x 11m swimming pool; and • parking for 3-4 cars. Note:
All our photo holiday courses and workshops are given in English. Sorry no pets on site, but there is a pet minding service nearby. There are stairs to the bedrooms on the first floor of the Studio as well as stairs up to and in La Maison du Couvent, so regrettably we're not very wheelchair-friendly.
About the Local Area
Studio Lavalette is situated in the heart of the picturesque town of Villebois-Lavalette, which is about 20kms south of Angouleme, (capital of the Charente department), in South West France. Within a short distance of Studio Lavalette there are photo opportunities galore, which means Studio Lavalette is open whatever the weather! We've rolling hills; rivers; huge landscape vistas; the Atlantic Ocean; fortified churches; castles; the bigger cities of Bordeaux, Angouleme, Perigeux and Bergerac; as well as delightful small villages with heaps of character. And with the brandy distilleries at Cognac and Jarnac only 25 minutes away, there are vineyards a-plenty! You have just got to come and see and experience it all!
How to Find Us
There are notes and a downloadable PDF on our website, which you will find here: http://www.studiolavalette.com/how-to-get-to-studio-lavalette
* Photo HERO Course - 4 day course / Photo MAESTRO Course - 4 day course @ £799.00
* Photo EXPO Workshop - 3 day course @ £599.00
* Photo HERO PLUS Course - 5 day course @ £999.00
Non-Participating Partners are welcome at a cost of £299, £399 or £499 based on their parnter attending either a 3, 4 or 5 day course.
Prices do NOT include:
* your own health, travel, holiday and photo equipment/clothes insurance; and
* your transportation costs from your home to either Angoulême railway station or Bergerac or Limoges Airport and vice versa.
* Dinner (with wine), bed, breakfast and lunch for the duration of your Course or Workshop;
* Collection and return to Angoulême railway station or Bergerac or Limoges Airport;
* Transportation to and from on-location photo-shoots;
* Occasional use/trial of our stock of digital cameras, lenses and lighting equipment;
* Five A4 prints of your best work and a DVD of all your Course/Workshop images;
* On-site Wi-Fi; * Local taxes;
* Use of the Studio, grounds and swimming pool; and
* A 15% discount off any future Studio Lavalette Courses or Workshops you attend – we want to see you again!